Workplace Injury

In Case of Work Injury Call 310-215-6020
Open 24/7

Frequently Asked Questions

  • We ask that you report any workplace injury to your immediate supervisor.
  • Employees can also obtain information from the Security Guard at the Goldsmith Campus afterhours and on the weekends.
  • Your student will need to contact the Registrar's office
  • You can designate a treating doctor in advance of injury.
  • The College will also direct faculty and staff at the following sites to:

Westchester and El Segundo sites to:
Concentra Urgent Care
6033 West Century Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90045
  24 hours, 7 days a week

Fashion Campus and Santa Monica Campus are directed to Kaiser On-the-Job.

Workers Compensation is insurance coverage that provides for medical, surgical, hospital, and rehabilitative treatment in the event that you are injured on the job, in addition to payment for loss of earnings resulting from work related injuries.

  • All faculty and staff are covered
  • All student workers are covered
  • Employees are covered while on campus
  • Employees are covered off campus when working for the college
  • Employees who travel overseas when working for the college are also covered
  • If we determine that you have a serious injury – Otis personnel will contact 911, on your behalf.
  • You should also notify HR if the injury needs immediate care so that we can assist you in obtaining medical treatment.
  • Notify your supervisor following any work related injury no matter how minor.
  • Notify Human Resources – Pamela Sasuga extension 6911.
  • We will arrange for non-emergency transportation to Concentra if necessary.
  • A shuttle service is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Concentra Shuttle service - telephone (310) 365-0336.
  • Complete an Incident Report Form
  • Work with HR to notify your emergency contacts if necessary
  • Human Resources will assist you with obtaining benefits including worker's compensation, completing the initial report for the insurance carrier and coordination of any additional benefits.

Incident Report Guidelines

If there is an emergency call 911 immediately and notify the guard at extension 6965 for Goldsmith campus.

What to Do When You Need Assistance

If you need assistance please contact Human Resources at (310) 846-2597. We will give you directions on next steps. Once we have responded to your immediate needs, we ask you to complete an incident report form. The Incident Report Form should be completed if you are a victim or a witness to the following situations:

  • Assault
  • Harassment
  • Injury
  • Theft
  • Property Damage
  • Car damage / Vandalism
  • Other

Where can I obtain an incident report form?

The Incident Report Form is available online.
Fill it out as completely as possible, including any action taken as a result of the accident or incident.

  • The Incident Report form, found on-line, should be filled out within 24 hours of the occurrence. Copies will automatically be sent to Facilities, Human Resources and Student Affairs when applicable. If the incident or accident is life threatening, please call 911 then contact Human Resources at (310) 846-2597.

For an incident involving a student, see Incident Involving a Student.

What will happen once the incident report has been filed?

  • All incidents will be investigated by the designated department head as appropriate (i.e. Student Affairs, Human Resources, or Facilities) and resolved within 30 days of occurrence.
  • A follow-up with the victim will be completed to document anything that needs to be corrected.
  • Any steps taken to assist or resolve the incident.
  • The on-line follow-up form will automatically be sent to designated departments when the form is submitted.