About the Department
Specific roles and responsibilities are distributed among various leaders, including the Associate Provost for Assessment and Accreditation, Dean of Academic Affairs, and the Director of Academic Affairs.
The objective of Academic Affairs is to support faculty and academic staff in their effort to educate diverse students to enrich our world through their creativity, skill, and vision. It is committed to developing and improving curriculum, advocating for effective educational resources, working closely with chairs, directors, faculty, and instructional support staff, and collaboratively working with other college divisions to achieve the college’s mission.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Academic Advising
- Academic Administration
- Academic Assembly
- Faculty Senate
- Academic policies
- Assessment and Accreditation
- Curriculum and program development
- Department of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Faculty Recruitment and Development
- Library & Instructional technology
- Student Learning Center
- Summer Language Program
- Teaching / Learning Center
- Technical Support Services: Shops & Labs
- Travel and External Study Programs
In collaboration with the Student Success division, the Provost oversees co-curricular offerings and student success-enhancing initiatives.
The Provost’s Office facilitates academic administration at the College, coordinates the Academic Meeting Schedule, organizes the Annual Faculty Convocation, conducts the annual Academic Excellence Awards and Teaching Excellence Awards processes, and, in collaboration with Human Resources & Development, leads the New Faculty Orientation.