Thank you for your interest in this offering through UCR University Extension Professional Studies. Otis College Extension is excited to partner with UCR Extension to expand our offerings to you. Students will enroll, register, and pay all fees for these offerings through the UCR University Extension Professional Studies website. Upon completion of the course/program, UC Riverside will provide a certificate of completion as well as an official course transcript.
Existing and aspiring entrepreneurs who would like to acquire the skills to start a new venture. Professionals from existing organizations that are interested in examining entrepreneurial concepts that can be applied to existing organizations, may also benefit.
What You'll Learn
- Methods for taking a global approach to human resources, marketing, and finance
- How to identify basic components of key functional business areas
- How to utilize knowledge gained through the courses and required internship experience to prepare for starting a new venture or a career as an entrepreneur
- Ways to provide tools to ascertain whether a good idea is truly a good, real world and valuable market product
- Techniques to develop framework and methods to evaluate the market and determine if an idea has a viable market opportunity
What You Can Do With This Certificate
You can own your own business!
Positions are also an option, in a variety of industries all over the world, and can be found in firms, corporations, government, or nonprofit organizations. They might include:
- Business Consultant
- Business Manager
- Business Developer
Earning the Certificate
Prior to enrolling, please ensure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in any academic area, or equivalent combination of post-secondary preferred
- International applicants are required to demonstrate English-language fluency, and must attain minimum scores of TOEFL PBT 550, iBT 80, or IELTS 6.5
Change significantly impacts an overall organizational culture, and can have a huge effect on employees. This course discusses the various strategies necessary to be a successful mentor and change management leader. Participants will develop a personal change management action plan which will enhance mentoring and leadership skills. We will examine how to use change as a motivating factor, how to move beyond resistance, and how to create buy-in from your superiors, and from those whom you supervise.
Students will assess a concept or product in the framework of a business opportunity. This includes assessing whether an idea has market appeal (product/market fit), and includes identification of the business ecosystem, stakeholders, customer segment, value proposition and market size. Through customer interviews students will identify customer pain points or problems which will aid in refining their business idea or technology. Students will develop valuable interviewing skills as they prove or disprove hypothesis about their business venture and the value that they bring to the customer. Students will learn first-hand from a group of accomplished entrepreneurs and business professionals as well as directly from their potential customers.
Learn how to combine and understand basic GIS concepts with practical ArcGIS skills, following step-by-step instructions to accomplish a wide range of real-world tasks and applications. Topics include: mapping, ArcGIS online, creating Web apps, story mapping, and more.