Liberal Arts and Sciences provides art and design students with a diverse and intellectually stimulating environment cultivating the critical tools that enable them to become informed, creative artists and designers who are prepared to meet global challenges. The curriculum addresses the themes of creativity, diversity, identity, sustainability, and social responsibility.
Department Goals / Student Learning Outcomes
Students in the Liberal Arts and Sciences Department will:
- Communicate ideas in a coherent, logical, and compelling way for different purposes and audiences.
- Identify issues clearly, synthesize and contextualize relevant sources, and make connections across experiences and disciplinary perspectives to create well-reasoned and imaginative approaches to issues, problems, and challenges.
- Develop skills to locate, evaluate, and use information resources from both traditional and emerging technologies appropriately effectively, and ethically.
- Develop collaborative skills to construct knowledge, negotiate effective outcomes, and generate new insights.
- Forge interdisciplinary connections among the liberal arts and sciences, studio, and community.
- Develop cultural awareness in a global context.