Access: A Netflix x Otis Entertainment Certificate
Break Through Barriers with Otis College
Access your peak potential with the Netflix x Otis Entertainment Certificate Program at Otis College of Art and Design. Beginning in Fall 2023, this new certificate program provides pathways to careers in entertainment marketing for underrepresented students of color. Eighteen talented individuals will receive a full-tuition scholarship and direct mentorship from expert Otis College instructors and industry professionals. Combining hands-on coursework with top industry professionals and apprenticeship opportunities, this 20-month program prepares driven creatives to thrive in a variety of entertainment marketing industry careers with in-demand skills, a robust portfolio, and a professional network.
Insight is a great complement to access. Hear from those who have established careers in entertainment marketing, and who reflect the backgrounds and lived experiences of a new generation of creatives.
Reach New Heights with a Full Scholarship
- Receive a full-tuition scholarship that includes all required program materials, computer, and software applications.
- Immerse yourself in a robust and rewarding full-time 20-month curriculum.
- Experience a six-month paid professional apprenticeship.
- Access one-on-one mentorship with entertainment industry professionals and top art and design instructors.
- Study at Otis College’s thriving Los Angeles campus at the nexus of creativity and diversity.
Pave Your Path to Success
Students will have access to quality Otis College instruction and entertainment marketing industry expertise, preparing them for diverse roles, such as:
- Assistant Editor
- Assistant Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Junior Illustrator: Sketch Artist
- Junior Illustrator: Storyboard Artist
- Junior Illustrator: 3D Designer/Generalist
- Junior Copywriter/Strategist
- Assistant Producer
- Junior Motion Designer
Experiential Learning: The Sky Is the Limit
Develop foundational knowledge of art and design elements and principles, including 2D design, color, value, typography, composition, time, motion, and sound.
Achieve technical proficiency with digital tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustration, InDesign, Premiere, and After Effects to develop effective visual communications.
Produce artwork that applies design principles, research, experimentation, creative thinking, and individualized expression.
Acquire knowledge of iconic campaigns, impact of historic cultural movements, and artists/designers that have shaped today’s entertainment marketing design industry.
Conceptualize, ideate, research, develop, write, and present ideas for visual media through developed written narratives, copy, and scripts.
Develop hands-on knowledge of business practices and working in a professional environment through industry mentorship, projects, and a professional apprenticeship.
Start Your Next Chapter in the World’s Creative Capital
At Otis College, we channel the spirit of discovery into an environment where you can be inspired to express your creativity. Your learning experience will begin on a thriving campus and expand to the city of Los Angeles—a global creative hub that is home to some of the world’s most renowned artists, architects, designers, makers, and creators. You’ll learn from award-winning professionals and be immersed in a diverse community of over 1,200 students in a supportive setting.
Netflix x Otis: A Partnership That Creates Pathways
Otis College of Art and Design is proud to partner with Netflix, a global entertainment leader, to offer this unique certificate program. Otis College and Netflix hold a shared belief that diversity and inclusion in the fields of art, design, and entertainment unlock our ability to innovate and to be creative. With Netflix’s support, underrepresented students have an opportunity to participate in this unique program tuition-free to unlock their full potential as creators.
Your Future Awaits. You Have What It Takes to Create It.
Submit your application by Wednesday, May 31, 2023 to be considered for a full tuition scholarship.
- Identify as a person of color
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be a U.S. citizen or individual residing in the U.S. with an F-1 Student Visa
- Be able to attend in-person classes on the Otis College of Art and Design campus in West Los Angeles
- Be available to work for the full duration of the six-month apprenticeship period
- Possess strong creative passion