The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office is excited to announce the fourth annual Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) Student Summit, which will take place in person on campus on Saturday, February 24, 2024, from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The Summit’s goal is to create a community space for BIPOC-identified students to connect around shared or similar identities while addressing the realities of being a person of color within creative sectors. This program will focus on uplifting and empowering BIPOC voices through dialogue on topics of personal development, professional growth, and post-graduation opportunities.
We are thrilled to announce this year’s featured speakers:
- Ed Duncan, Senior Vice President of Design for Games/Action Figures/Plush/Inventor Relations at Mattel, Inc.
- Dawn Porter, Award-winning Filmmaker, Trilogy Films
In addition to our featured speakers, the program will include interactive panels of BIPOC creative industry professionals from Riot Games, Purpose Toys, and BLT Communications, as well as freelance artists and designers!
As a result of participating in the BIPOC Student Summit, students will:
- Build a strong network of BIPOC creatives.
- Explore and expand upon their identity as a BIPOC person within their own personal development.
- Identify individual/community strengths and assets as BIPOC creatives for professional growth and opportunities.
- Explore how their identity(ies) influence their journey within the creative industry.
- Identify strategies for academic success to provide a successful transition into a creative field.
Who is Eligible?
This student summit is FREE and open to all currently enrolled students who self-identify as BIPOC. This program is focused on the experiences and narratives of BIPOC-identified persons in the creative field and will offer opportunities for students to self-explore and build connections around this focus.
Summit Fee and Registration
This student summit is FREE and open to all currently enrolled students. The registration deadline is Friday, February 16, 2024. All students who attend the entire full day program will be entered in a drawing to win a $50, $75, or $125 gift card to Graphaids/Amazon!
The entire event will take place in the Forum with guest speakers and BIPOC creatives from various industries. Questions regarding participation in the 2024 BIPOC Student Summit? Email email@example.com.