You are here
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Updates
To read the latest about COVID-19 from the CDC, visit cdc.gov.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) Updates
To review the LACDPH’s “Institutes of Higher Education COVID-19 Toolkit,” visit ph.lacounty.gov.
Medical-grade masks are strongly recommended in all indoor spaces except when actively eating or if an individual is alone in a space with the door closed.
Masks will be available at:
- Campus Safety and Security Office (first floor of the Anne Cole Building at the corner of the Commons), 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Ahmanson Hall Lobby, Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Vaccination policies for Students and Faculty/Staff can be found in the respective Student Information and Faculty/Staff Information sectionson the left.
When a member of the Otis Community tests positive for COVID-19, a system of contract tracing is implemented, during which they are interviewed to identify and provide support to people who may have been infected through their exposure to this person. This confidential contact tracing process prevents further transmission of the virus by separating people who have, or may have, COVID-19 from people who do not. Guidelines on what to do in the case of an exposure to COVID-19, or testing positive for the virus, can be reviewed in the respective Student Information and Faculty/Staff Information sections on the left.
Events and Exhibitions Guidelines
Public and private events are an important part of our cultural life. Museums, galleries, performing arts spaces, and venues that host private events inspire and connect our community and foster social health. We strongly recommend that all event attendees at Otis are fully vaccinated and boosted.
Indoor masking is strongly recommended at all events or large gatherings.
This information is subject to change based on recommendations from the CDC, WHO, FDA, or LACDPH.
The most current information regarding U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. lawful permanent residents, and immigrants traveling to and from the United States can be found on cdc.gov.
We strongly encourage all students, faculty, and staff who travel during the 2023-2024 academic year to keep abreast of travel updates on the CDC website before returning to campus.
COVID Task Force
In addition to a college-wide Emergency Response Team (ERT), a special COVID-19 Task Force was created and meets regularly to research, monitor, and recommend ongoing actions/protocols for the Otis Community as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Task Force members include:
- Mohammed Ahmed, Operations Manager
- Ankush Mahindra, VP, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Mitch Marr, Executive Director, Communications and Marketing
- Steve McQueen, Captain, Safety and Security
- Joanne Mitchell, Assistant Provost, Academic Effectiveness and Accreditation
- Claude Nica, Chief Facilities and Operations Officer, Facilities Management
- Leo Peña, Manager of Budget and Planning
- Anna Raya, Editorial Director, Communications and Marketing
- Dr. Julie Spencer, Director, Student Health and Wellness Center
- Helane Wilbourne, AVP, Human Resources and Development
The Task Force has been working with the Senior Team and other groups across campus to develop proactive measures to keep the Otis Community safe. Some of the immediate efforts included increased campus-wide sanitation practices to reduce potential infection; additional prevention guidelines posted on campus; and other related protocols around travel.
This COVID-19 Response Hub serves as an information clearinghouse for the College’s response to COVID-19.