INTERNSHIP LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students who successfully complete an internship at Otis will be able to:
- Apply classroom skills and techniques to their professional experiences.
- Prepare appropriate written materials such as cover letter, resumes and/or promo sheets.
- Develop professional portfolios, websites, and/or reels.
- Cultivate relationships and network with others in their chosen field.
- Execute company/organization research, job search strategies, such as informational interviews, the one-minute pitch, and interviewing skills to help them distinguish themselves and compete in the professional marketplace.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for successful self-advocacy and negotiation.
- Engage subject matter that expands on the curriculum at Otis.
- Evaluate their professional experience, determine appropriate areas for growth and reflect on aspirations and future goals.
Login to the Otis on-line job board to look for internship postings. Your username is your Otis email address and your password is your X number.
Download the student guide for step-by-step instructions to access the online job board.
Internship Application Complete this form prior to beginning your internship and return it to the Center for Creative Professions, first floor Ahmanson 103F.
Student Evaluation From Complete this form at the conclusion of your internship to provide us with feedback regarding your internship experience.
Know Your Rights! Unpaid Internships must meet the US Department of Labor Wage and Division guidelines. In addition, we require all companies that wish to post internship opportunities for Otis students to sign the Otis Internship Guidelines form. Contact the Center for Creative Professions if you have questions.
UPCOMING INTERNSHIP FAIRS
California Market Center 110 E. 9th St. Los Angeles, CA 90079
- Fashion Design (Costume Design)
March 31, 2016
Goldsmith Campus 9045 Lincoln Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Communication Arts (Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Illustration)
- Digital Media (Animation, Motion Design, Gaming & Entertainment)
- Fine Arts (Photography, Painting, Sculpture/New Genres)
- Product Design
- Toy Design
Please contact 424-207-2490 or contact us here for assistance.