If you would like to post internship, freelance, part-time or full-time opportunities with your company or organization,please register on the Otis on-line job board.
To register on our job board, follow these steps:
- Click the blue “Sign In” button under the Employer section on the right
- Click on “Create an Account”
- Fill out your company information on the form provided
- Please allow 48 hours for pre-approval of your company
Otis College of Art and Design encourages all students to complete internships. Internships provide students witn invaluable work experience and professional development skills.
Students who successfully complete an internship at Otis will be able to:
- Apply classroom skills and techniques to their professional experiences.
- Prepare appropriate written materials such as cover letter, resumes and/or promo sheets.
- Develop professional portfolios, websites, and/or reels.
- Cultivate relationships and network with others in their chosen field.
- Execute company/organization research, job search strategies, such as informational interviews, the one-minute pitch, and interviewing skills to help them distinguish themselves and compete in the professional marketplace.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for successful self-advocacy and negotiation.
- Engage subject matter that expands on the curriculum at Otis.
- Evaluate their professional experience, determine appropriate areas for growth and reflect on aspirations and future goals.
Otis strongly encourages employers to offer paid internships. Employers who offer paid internships attract the most talented pool of student applicants.
All employers offering internships, whether paid or unpaid, must sign and return the Otis Internship Guidelines form before registering and posting opportunities on our on-line job board. Please return signed form to CCP or fax (310-665-6964).
Unpaid internships must meet the six criteria set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Employers must complete an Employer Evaluation Form within two weeks of the student’s internship as stated in the Internship Guidelines.
Upcoming Internship Fairs
February 20, 2015
- Fashion Design Students
March 26, 2015
- Commuinication Arts (Advertising Design, Graphic Design, Illustration)
- Digital Media (Animation, Game & Entertainment Design, Motion Design)
- Fine Arts (Painting, Photography, Sculpture/New Genres)
- Product Design
- Toy Design
For information on how to post a job on the Otis Job Board please watch the video below: