Application Process In-Bound Students
The Mobility/ Exchange student is solely responsible for the timely submission of the application materials to the Mobility/ Exchange Coordinator of their Home School.
- AICAD Mobility Application form or Otis Exchange Application (Non-AICAD Schools ONLY) along with required signatures, proposed program of study, and Statement of Purpose;
- Official transcripts of all college-level work completed at the Home School to date (available from the Home School Registrar's Office); and
- 6 to 10 slides of work, including work in the proposed area of study, labeled with name of student, title of the work, medium, and dimensions. Note: If an applicant requests that slides be returned, a self-addressed stamped envelope suitable for mailing must be included. The Host School cannot be responsible for loss or damage; do not to send your only set of slides.
Additional Information for Overseas Students
Once Admissions receives your application, and you have been accepted to Otis, you will receive details about the documents needed to issue an I-20, the form you will need in order to apply for an F-1 visa (International Student Visa). You will be asked to supply the following information.
- Bank letter or bank statement verifying funds totaled at approximately $4,000 for living expenses, listed in the Statement of Financial Information. The bank statement must be signed or stamped by a bank official.
- Verification of English Proficiency. Unless this requirement has been waived in an exchange agreement with your university, submit a copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score report, or letter stating English proficiency from your host school (if applicable).
- Data page of passport.
- Letter of nomination from the exchange coordinator at your Home University.
Applications must be received by Otis no later than:
Fall Term: April 10 Spring Term: November 1
The Office of Admissions
Otis College of Art
9045 Lincoln Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045