Step-By-Step Instructions for Sharing + Accessing a Course e-Portfolio in O-Space
A course ePortfolio is created by a faculty member as a way to share digital course content with students. In many ways it is similar to creating a custom website for the course. It allows for more custom design and multi-media functionality than the CMS.
Faculty Top Tips
When creating a course ePortfolio . . .
- Remember, students do NOT automatically have access like the CMS. You need to add them to the ePortfolio. See below.
- For the title include "YEAR + SEMESTER + CLASS TITLE + FACULTY NAME" to keep your ePortfolios organized as well as make it easy for students to recognize.
Faculty: Share a Course e-Portfolio
- Log into O-Space
- Go to your course listed under the gray heading "My Courses"
- Select the "ePortfolio" tab
- Select "Add ePortfolio"
- Since you have already created the course ePortfolio, go to the bottom "Search by Name"
- Enter the title of your ePortfolio and select "Search"
Note: If you have not created a course e-Portfolio, enter a title and follow prompted steps.
- Select the correct ePortfolio
- Select "Add"
- You now determine user access
- From the drop down menu under "Students", select appropriate level of access
Note: The template option does not apply when giving students access to a course e-Portfolio.
- Select "Save"
- Your students have now been collectively added to your course ePortfolio.
Note: Students will see the e-Portfolio on their own log in screen.
Go here for more information on adjusting ePortfolio view/permission settings.
Students: Access a Course e-Portfolio
You have three options for accessing a course ePortfolio.
Users can "subscribe" to topics in courses and communities as well as to ePortfolios. Once a user has "subscribed", they will be automatically emailed every time new content is added to that topic, that topic is modified, or new replies to the topic are posted.
- To SUBSCRIBE simply click on the Subscribe link.
- To UNSUBSCRIBE click on the Unscribe link.