Step-By-Step Instructions for Sending a Group Email to Students in O-Space CMS
Unable to view video? Go to Screenr.
Go to O-Space.
Log into O-Space
- Select current course under gray heading "My Courses"
- Select "Settings" tab
- Select "Group Email" from left gray menu bar (toward the bottom)
- Select "Send Email"
- Select "Next"
- Check the box next to "Email Students"
- Check the box next to "Email Faculty" (this way can verify email went out)
- Enter email Subject
- Enter email Body
- Select "Send"
- Select "Send" again to confirm
Note: Email is automatically sent to students' Otis accounts. No copy of the email is kept, which is why we recommend Option #2.
- Select "Posts" Tab
- Select "New Post"
- Enter a title
- Enter content in body
- Check the box "Notify everyone with view permission by email"
- Select "Save" at the bottom
Note: The minute you select save an email is automatically sent out to everyone enrolled in your course. A copy is also kept under the "Posts" tab. This way if anyone claims they never received the email, you can reply that a copy was in the course as well. It also allows you to keep track of emails sent to your students.