Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Create An e-Portfolio
All undergraduate students should have a Learning ePortfolio.
New and transferring students will set-up a Learning ePortfolio during Registration.
STUDENTS: Download Instructions to Create Your Learning ePortfolio (PDF)
Unable to view? Watch on Youtube.com
Select "CC" for captions.
Log In to O-Space first!
- My e-portfolio
- My courses
- My communities
Go to the “My e-portfolio” section
Select “Create” on the upper right
Note: The information you enter can be changed and updated at a later date.
You cannot change your template once your e-portfolio has been created.
ePortfolio Title > If you wish to use a space between words, use an underscore.
Template > Make sure you select the template that best suits your needs. Don't know? Choose "Create from Scratch." Pictures of each template are below.
Theme > Choose a desired theme. You can go in an edit the CSS Code once you have created your ePortfolio.
- Private To Otis: You can set-up your e-portfolio so only the Otis community can see it.
- Private To Me: You can set-up your e-portfolio so only you can see it.
- Public: You can have anyone look at your e-portfolio.
- Custom Permissions: Add individuals from the Otis community.
- STUDENTS: Your Learning ePortfolio is used with your courses, please keep this default setting so your instructor and peers can access your ePortfolio more readily.
- Allow you to list your ePortfolio under searchable categories in the O-Space directory.
- Select from the drop down menu and add using the + button.
- You can add as many categories as you like.
- Select your preference.
Possible ePortfolio Templates
Create From Scratch (Anyone)
Learning ePortfolio (Students Only)
Sophomore CA-IL Project (Students Only)
Rank & Promotion Application (Faculty Only)
Blended Course (Faculty Only)
Program Review (Departments)
Annual Assessment Evidence Archive (Departments)