The Millard Sheets Library provides a learning environment designed to inspire creative students and faculty at Otis College of Art and Design.
Goals of the Otis Library
- To provide collections of traditional library materials as well as emerging digital resources which foster creativity, critical thinking, and diversity of thought, with an emphasis on supporting the Otis curriculum
- To provide anytime/anywhere access to library databases and information resources
- To empower students and faculty in their ability to locate, evaluate, and ethically use print and electronic resources
- To collaborate with the faculty to design information literacy instruction that supports critical thinking
- To support the faculty in learning and using appropriate instructional technologies
- To promote this library and other libraries as a source of inspiration for creative work, intellectual pursuits, recreation, and independent lifelong learning
- To play an active role in supporting more effective organization and presentation of information for the diverse audiences of the College
- To actively contribute to the intellectual life of the College
Library Assessment Activities
The Library Director works with faculty and departments to ensure that the ILO/WASC Core Competency for Information Litearacy is met.
Information Literacy ILO: Otis graduates will be able to assemble, evaluate, and ethically use information from diverse sources to accomplish a specific purpose.