This page is just for reference.
Optional: To set up a personal account (with Otis email) which will enable you to save materials and searches, click here.
- Materia - database with manufacturers contact info
- Materio - costs a lot to join, but the pictures are nice
- Core77 - has an RSS Feed on this blog that could be good for this page...
- http://ecolect.net/ - sustainable
- http://www.mindsetsonline.co.uk/index.php - has materials you can order, like inventables; REALLY fun stuff
- http://www.matrec.it/en/ - requires subscription, education discount
- CCA Material Library - nice database, open
- Wearable Technology
- MaterialProject.org - a material and building reference
- Materials for Designers
- Style Park - database of materials with manufacturer info
- University of Texas: Materials Lab - database of materials. Use this for inspiration.
- University of Michigan - database of materials. Use this for inspiration.
- Transmaterial - blog
- http://ecolect.net/blog/ - blog
- http://www.architerials.com/ - blog about new materials
- Harvard Material Library blog
- http://extranet.kingston.ac.uk/rematerialise/search-materials/search.asp - nice searchable; requires registration
- http://inhabitat.com/products-2/ - a nice blog with new products