The Visiting Scholar Program promotes international understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. Each year, several international artists, designers, and scholars visit Otis for the purpose of sharing their ideas, knowledge, and skills with students and faculty.
Visitors are expected to actively participate in a number of productive institutional activities, such as:
- Deliver a formal lecture to the host institution
- Engage in formal or informal discussions with students
- Undertake collaborative research with faculty or staff
- Contribute to the college's teaching by presenting guest lectures or faculty seminars
- Present a paper as part of the college's Symposium
- A prospective visiting scholar should send an application to the Department of office of their choice.
- The application should include:(1) application letter, (2) academic vita, (3) research plan, (4) statement of faculty support needed, and (5) potential benefits to the department and/or the college.
- Department Chair will review application and render a decision.
- Department Chair may set up a committee to review application and provide her/him with more information.
- Department Chair will submit a DS-2019 Request form to the Center for International Education for final approval
- No application will be approved unless a department member is willing to sponsor the visiting scholar.
- Departments normally supports one visiting scholar at a time.