The Visiting Scholar Program promotes international understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. Each year, several international artists, designers, and scholars visit Otis for the purpose of sharing their ideas, knowledge, and skills with students and faculty.
Visitors are expected to actively participate in a number of productive institutional activities, such as:
- Deliver a formal lecture to the host institution
- Engage in formal or informal discussions with students
- Undertake collaborative research with faculty or staff
- Contribute to the college's teaching by presenting guest lectures or faculty seminars
- Present a paper as part of the college's Symposium