After-Hours Access Policy
Current students may request After-Hours access to a computer classroom by obtaining written permission from their department and Academic Computing. Once written permission is provided and posted, students will be allowed to stay in the computer room after closing. The overnight students are responsible for overnight security while they are in the rooms. The doors are to remain LOCKED all night, and no one is allowed in the room without written permission. Student who have permission to be in a computer classroom after 12am may not leave the building and return at a later time.
- Access to a computer room is by written memo posted on the door.
- Doors remain locked all night. No one is allowed in a room unless they are on the memo.
- No in-and-out access.
- Once students are in, they must stay all night or leave.
- Students are responsible for room security overnight.
- Any broken or missing equipment not reported before they enter the room is the responsibility of those signed-up to use that room.
- Students must report all problems to ACS or their department.
- No food or drink permitted in the room.
- All computers must be Turned Off when they leave the room.
- Students must tell the guard to set the alarm when no one is left in the room
Academic Computing is working to provide students with as much computing access as possible and rely on them for their cooperation. Failure to comply with this policy will result in the loss of After-Hours access privileges.