Otis' Patrons Circle Tour of Downtown LA!
Morning, 9:30 a.m.
We'll start with a light breakfast while visiting Kent Twitchell's ('77 MFA) new studio, followed by a short ride to see a few of his downtown murals. http://www.kenttwitchell.org/
Next, we'll have an inside peek into Cynthia Vincent's ('88 Fashion Design) fashion design studio. Vincent's unique California-inspired designs are available in boutiques and large-scale retailers nationwide. http://cynthiavincent.net
Working sculptor and director of Los Angeles Art Gallery Tours, Bill Kleiman ('89 MFA) will provide an informative curated tour of downtown's newest destination galleries. http://losangelesartgallerytours.com/about.html
Highlights will include:
- Unmarked warehouse galleries
- A highly influential new alternative space
- A preview of an exhibition scheduled to open later in the evening
- Cameo appearances of gallery work created by Otis graduates
With Bill's deep knowledge of the L.A. art scene and personal relationship with Otis, he will discuss:
- Otis' prescient role in the L.A. and international art scene
- The cultural, historical, and economic context of the art on exhibit
- What the artwork we see tells us about today's zeitgeist
- His experience as a working sculptor and Otis graduate
Interested in supporting Otis through Patron's Circle? Join now!
Patrons Circle events have included:
- Ojai Art and Design Tour
- MARFA Art and Design Tour
- Fine Arts Senior Class Exhibition Sneak Preview & Presale
- New York Art and Design Tour
- Seattle Art and Design Tour
- Laddie John Dill, Lecture and hands-on experience
Our leadership donors have an important impact on Otis, and fund a broad range of priority needs: support for scholarships, innovative programming, and recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty.